Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm Away From My Desk Right Now . . .


but yeah, your call is very important to me.

This is a busy time of year, in the sense of being away from home a bunch. Missing two meetings of the knitting group. That sort of thing. Once for Thanksgiving and once for the Clergy Spouses' Retreat.

Fortunately, I have this Einstein Coat thing to keep me company. This is what it isn't going to look like:

The image calls it a "jacket" and the picture looks like its given name -- a coat. The way it knits up is mostly jacket-like, because it's not as long as in the picture.

I ignored the specific directions and am knitting a coat for Ann. The problem is that I've ripped out the bottom half once and the top half at least twice. I've tried to improve on the directions and I keep forgetting things. I want it done by Christmas, so I can give it to Ann as a present.

Then I'll start my second Aran sweater. Or ALO (Aran-like object). I can't wait to do it and I will be doing it, with any luck, while at the knitting (and quilting)retreat, while taking, that is, a class on Aran Knitting, taught by Varian Brandon.

I recently realized that I didn't exactly start doing Aran knitting with the sweater. I kind of waded into it with hats and scarves and the like, getting a little more Aran-like with each one. Suffering, I suppose, from acute Aranoia.

Perhaps after all it isn't a coincidence that my firstborn is named Aaron.

No comments: