Monday, January 31, 2011

Thing 1 and thing 2 2

Finished off #2 tonight with some excellent kitchener-related advice from Astrid. I'm not much of a photographer, but fortunately that won't matter except on this blog. Here they are,

Thing 1












and Thing 2:

I'm just about to get going on the whole reason I took up knitting 4 years ago: the snowflake sweater that will be a reminder, though not an exact replica, of the one my Mom knitted for herself, and the companion one she knitted for my Dad, presumably when they were getting along. It's the one she made for herself that I grabbed when I was 16 and eventually wore out that I loved so much. My brother got my Dad's, which was a kind of forest green.

That's why I took up knitting in the first place. I can't get my Mom back but I can get the sweater. I figured out a couple of weeks ago that that sweater is probably the reason I've always loved navy and white.

Here's the hat I knitted a couple of months ago essentially as a swatch:



As I said before, I can't (yet) produce the kind of photographs I love to see in blogs and on Ravelry, but this is the hat and this is going to be the basic pattern appearance of the sweater, the RILTK.



Well oh golly I was just about to sign off when I was looking around thinking about the sweater, and I stumbled upon a piece of it on a blog. I know this is it because I have a photo of me wearing the sweater. So here is the photo


and here is the blog I found it on. Just, I don't know, for posterity.

No comments: