Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My first



My first:

blog entry,
sweater,
two-color knit.


This is the bottom two inches of a Faroe sweater similar to the one in Alice Starmore's Fishermen's Sweaters. I can't find a photo of it anywhere on the net so until I get my photo and a scanner together I'm going to have to just show my progress here.


The bottom two and a half inches are shown as bicolor in the pattern but I don't think much of the way that looks, so I'm doing a solid k2p2. Yarns are a dark navy Berroco Peruvia (with a hint of lavender giving it an iridescent look) and natural (local) merino/alpaca 50/50. The needles are a US #3 Addi turbo for the bottom and #5 AT for the body.


I'm a little apprehensive about doing something this complicated (for me) in two colors but you have to start somewhere.


When the yarn comes in I'm going to knit my daughter (in college up north) a pair of Eunny Jang's Anemoi mittens in her school colors. Don't tell her -- it's a surprise. (I already have the needles and the pattern). Anemoi is well named -- the ancient Greek word for the four winds, and she's up where it's a lot colder and windier than it is here in North Carolina.

No comments: