Monday, November 12, 2007

Hat's almost ready

This is hat # 1, pre- pom-pom. It appears to fit very snugly, but in fact it's being tried on by mom for her son. He's taking a nap at the time of this picture. We're just trying to get an approximation of the size. It was all I could do to get her to pose for the camera.





I'm sorry to say you can't see the cables very well. These are the first pics I have taken with my new camera and I'm still figuring it out. I was trying to get a size resolution since sister is getting one as well, plus I needed a decision on the pom-pom.











Here it is from the back. I really liked the yarn. Amy picked it out as I think I have mentioned before. I like this better because it hardly stripes at all, and I was not looking for a stripey hat. So the lad has one with no stripes, and the lass has one with something like stripes. The flash showed the color a little lighter and brighter than it really is -- it's a good bit denser and darker in color than what you see here.


The only other thing worth mentioning about this hat is that, yes, it's a very simple pattern but at least it's mine. I have almost totally given up using existing patterns, except for things I've already started.


Since I was a camera warrior on the loose, I went around looking for willing victims. The only one I could find was Speckles, who, having lived through two kids growing up, really is game for almost anything. So you have two of the hat, one of the cat.


None of the cat in the hat. She's not that game.

2 comments:

Viktoria said...

nice hat! i really like the green/blue colors (and it looks very soft and comfy)

moonspot 月点 said...

Thanks Viktoria. We can't seem to get the little one to keep it on his head. I am hoping that when he goes outside in the cold he will change his mind. When I finish his sister's in the next couple of nights. We may have better luck with her.