Saturday, November 17, 2007

Is She a Goer?



Photography. It appears to be the central skill in the blog post. Knitting and writing are perhaps distant also-rans.


It's a skill that unfortunately eludes me at present. Amy's second toddler hat, at right, refuses to to show off its cables I'm afraid. A pity I think because I'm such a sucker for cables.


I am pleased to say that the young man ran off with the hat before I had a chance to take a piccy of the finished product. Now that I'm not watching him he's willing to keep it on his head.


With any luck his sister will also develop a fondness for hers, pictured here.


My secret ingredient was two rows of K above the ribbing all the way around to give the hat more ease in flipping up the ribbing. Flipping the ribbing up can give a modest hipness to the dweebiest of hats.


BTW tonight I also made the chocolate lava cakes for tomorrow's knitting group. It's all this Belgian bittersweet chocolate and a bunch of butter and flour who knows what else. Vanilla extract I made from some vanilla beans and some brandy I've had around for a long, long time.

1 comment:

Missy said...

I am a sucker for cables too...yours turned out delightful!