Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tales of Thanksgiving




Tale 1. The hats.


Amy sent me some pics of her kids feeding chickens and wearing the hats I made. I think she wanted me to see that they were actually willing to wear them. As well she might -- they yanked them off the first time she tried to put the hats on them, and the second and the third. Later she told me that they were just being shy of dressing for me, but I admit she had to send the pics for me to completely believe it.


I was really more interested in the kids feeding the chickens. I don't think they had ever seen chickens before. It was cool.


Tale 2. The Circle.


A very short tale. Nobody came. One person came and stayed for about an hour. Other than that there was nobody but Donna, the store owner. I took some pics to show how empty it was. I assume it was just a Saturday after Thanksgiving thing. You can see the meringues I made. I don't know how it happened but at the end of the day there were only 2 left. I think the customers ate them maybe.


Tale 3. My daughter's Scarf.


I thought she did a fabulous job. This is the first thing she ever knitted. She did it at school and brought it home at Thanksgiving to show me. Extra chunky yarn and pretty big needles, from the look of it. I rarely use anything bigger than 8s and these look to be in the mid 30s. Or maybe about 13-14.


Tale 4. A Plague of Frogs.


I tried making the anemoi mittens. It is really a new and very challenging experience. I am having trouble knitting on 4 needles. 0s at that. I have frogged this thing at least 8 times so far. Finally I decided to try this on circulars. Addis. I am farther along now than the best I did on 4 dpns. We'll see.


Tale 5. Not a tale, really.


I'm going to a clergy spouse's retreat this weekend. First annual. Yoga, massage, R&R. The diocese is picking up the entire tab. I could get used to this real quick.


No comments: