Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The golden smile that introduced me to . . .

I have a very simple rule about whining. Don’t get caught doing it.

That’s the main reason I took down yesterday’s post a half hour after I put it up. I won’t even bother you with what I was whining about.

So at the moment I'm planning to finish the Christmas stocking and I’m going into the second half of the scarf. I should have that finished in a few days.


The scarf is very mundane; when I started it in June I had only been knitting for three or four months and I didn’t realize the possibilities. Now I’m finishing it in part because I don’t own a lot of straight needles and I want these free and also because it’s starting to get chilly up here in the mountains and I’m going to be embarrassed as a knitter having a woven scarf from the store.

I’ll post a pic of the scarf when it’s done not because I’m especially proud of it but because I think it’s only right to show the good, the bad and the boring.



The stocking I'm knitting now is the one on the right.

Oh, by the way, I have a question for you. She has been his first and only real girlfriend and for a couple of years; he's 23 and she's 22. We love her and she seems to feel the same way about us. Am I being pushy knitting her a Christmas stocking? Is this too much?

2 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

What a nice blog! I felt like I knew you for a long time just reading through your posts...

If they have been together for a while, then knit the stocking.

NH Knitting Mama said...

What a nice blog! I felt like I knew you for a long time just reading through your posts...

If they have been together for a while, then knit the stocking.